Fearless Records Release Punk Goes Pop Vol. 7 Ft The Amity Affliction, State Champs, Andy Black + More!
Fearless Records today release ‘Punk Goes Pop Vol. 7′. Previous tracks released from the compilation have included The Amity Affliction’s re-imagining of The Weeknd’s ‘Can’t Feel My Face’ which was added to rotation on triple j earlier this month, Dance Gavin Dance’s take on Bruno Mars’ catchy number ‘That’s What I Like’, which has already racked up over half a million plays on YouTube and State Champs taking on the Shawn Mendez hit “Stitches” which was released overnight.
Punk Goes Pop’s seventh incarnation is out today and comprises a stellar track listing with further covers from the likes of Australia’s very own Eat Your Heart Out, New Years Day, as well as rising stars such as Boston Manor, Seaway and Too Close To Touch taking on pop juggernauts Twenty One Pilots, Drake, James Bay, Drake and more. It’s a diverse and exciting clutch of new renditions that will no doubt become firm favourites within the genre.
The series has sold over 2.5 million albums to date, making it the top selling compilation in alternative music. Previous volumes in the Punk Goes Pop series have featured hit bands such as A Day To Remember, The All-American Rejects, Rise Against, Pierce The Veil, All Time Low, PVRIS, Sleeping With Sirens, Asking Alexandria, Taking Back Sunday and Thrice. Punk Goes Pop Vol. 6 debuted at #19 on the Billboard Top 200 in the US and, in addition to a mammoth sales history, the series has hundreds of thousands of followers across its social networks with singles over past releases still clocking up ridiculous numbers of streams.
1. State Champs – “Stitches” originally performed by Shawn Mendes
2. Dance Gavin Dance – ‘That’s What I Like’ by Bruno Mars
3. New Years Day – “Gangsta” originally performed by Kehlani
4. The Amity Affliction – “Can’t Feel My Face” originally performed by The Weeknd
5. Andy Black (feat. Juliet Simms) – “When We Were Young” originally performed by Adele
6. Grayscale – “Love Yourself” originally performed by Justin Bieber
7. Capsize – “Fake Love” originally performed by Drake
8. Boston Manor – “Heathens” originally performed by Twenty One Pilots
9. Eat Your Heart Out – “Shape Of You” originally performed by Ed Sheeran
10. The Plot In You – “Let It Go” originally performed by James Bay
11. Ice Nine Kills – “I Don’t Wanna Live Forever” originally performed by ZAYN & Taylor Swift
12. Seaway – “Closer” originally performed by The Chainsmokers (feat. Halsey)
13. Too Close To Touch – “In The Name Of Love” originally performed by Martin Garrix & Bebe Rexha
What do you think?